Kissing Moons, Original Acrylic Painting on Canvas
48″ x 24”
- Hang this piece in a vertical position or horizontal. I took an informal survey, and the results were 50-50!
- This painting incorporates acrylic paints, silicone and pouring mediums.
- Professional grade gallery-wrapped heavy-duty canvas at 1.5″ (3.8 cm) depth. Varnished.
- Your original art comes with a Certificate of Authenticity, signed and dated by the artist and an independent witness.
- This piece can be hung as is. Framing is optional.
A special note about this piece:
This series started as a problem with my eyesight, which I was not aware of until the evening of July 4th, 2020 – when I saw two moons in the sky, and excitedly told my friend to come see what I saw. However, because I was experiencing double vision, my friend couldn’t see what I was seeing. In a race against time (before seeing an eye doctor), I knew I had to paint these “kissing moons”. This is the painting in the series that culminated how I had imagined the Kissing Moons, in an embrace behind the pillows of golden clouds across the skies.
I think there is nothing more romantic than the moon in the sky, that thing we can all share from Earth no matter where we are, and maybe from Heaven too. To me, the moon is a symbol of universal love. I love seeing it, I love thinking about it and I love painting it.
Shipping fees for canvas paintings vary drastically, and are based on weight, canvas dimensions, total number of pieces in the order and distance from my location. To avoid charging too much or too little, I calculate the shipping costs separately, based on the criteria described here.
Alternatively, I am happy to work with you to arrange for a local pickup. Please feel free to contact me to discuss shipping details.
I will send you a separate invoice for shipping.
Leann Schmidt is a local Pittsburgh artist who grew up in East Liberty and now lives in the South Hills.
(Watermark is removed from actual product.)